Friday, June 4, 2010

Five Video Friday: My Favorite Music Videos

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground- White Stripes

The White Stripes always blow people away with their music videos with director Michel Gondry at the helm. But this simple video often gets overlooked in favor of Fell In Love With A Girl or Hardest Button to Button. But it's simplicity doesn't stop it from being one of the best videos I've seen.

Around The World- Daft Punk

By all accounts what should have been a boring music video not only manages to entrance you with the well choreographed dance that if you look deeper actually has a cool surprise for you.

Going On- Gnarls Barkley

Going on takes choreographed dancing to the streets and makes it belong. With tight editing so every bounce, sway and gesture is in time to the beat it's hard not to dance along with this video. I must have watched it a hundred times and I still don't get tired of it.

Eighth Wonder- Lemon Demon

Come on, you knew he would show up. My favorite band and my favorite director Neil Cicierega does what may be the simplest music video I've seen. By taking one frame for each beat he makes a trip through the a forest of lyrics, mongooses and shacks seem like a grand adventure.

Keep Fishin'- Weezer

What can I say, I'm a sucker for both the Muppets and Weezer. With classic
Muppets feel, this video made me flashback to childhood.

1 comment:

denisecanady said...

LOVE
the Eighth Wonder song.

Love the blog stuff!