Friday, May 28, 2010

Video Friday - Finding Your Focus

The Greek goddess of victory, Nike, and her corporate namesake has smiled down once again on a fat Dutch progressive rock flautist.

Nearly forty years after Providence smiled down on Thijs van Leer to make his wild, wonderful, yodelling guitar
jam a worldwide hit, it is starting all over again.

Thanks to this shoe video for the 2010 World Cup (and
its 10 million views and counting), the Netherlands-
based Focus is once again heading back to the world
charts. It does help when the incredibly slick
commercial debuts in 32 countries.

For me, listening to Focus' "Hocus Pocus" reminds me
of when I started really listening to music for the first
time. Just an eight-year-old listening to the FM radio
late at night like I was caught behind enemy lines,
listening for news from the front.

Plus I liked the yodeling part.

Hocus Pocus” by Focus (mp3)(iTunes)(Amazon)


No comments: